Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tequila Lime Chicken & Fetticcuni!

You’ve asked for quick and easy…I’ve delivered.

Here’s a dish that takes no time to make. It’s perfect for a week night…or any night. It’s my rendition of a Tequila Lime Chicken and Fetticucuni. Trust me, it will make you want to come back for more. It’s also super simple and easy to make. You could probably do this with your eyes closed, but no worries, I’ll walk you through it.

Tequila Lime Chicken Fetticcuni

- 2 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 1/4 table spoon of each (salt, pepper, cumin, dried oregano, and red pepper flakes)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 pound of fetticcuni (dried or fresh)
- 1/4 cup of tequila
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of chopped clinatro
- 1/2 a medium onion, sliced
- 1 serrano chili pepper - seeded and minced
- the zest and juice of a lemon
- 1/4 cup of cream

The Process
Cook and drain the pasta. Allow it to cool and set it to the side. LIberally season the chicken breasts with the salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, and red pepper flake mixture. Heat oil in a heavy bottom skillet. Sear and brown chicken breasts on both sides until cooked through. Remove the chicken breasts from the pan and add sliced onions and garlic and cook until translucent. Add garlic, serrano, lemon juice and zest and cook for one minute more. Deglaze pan by adding tequila being sure to scrape the bottom of the pan. Add cream, chicken, and pasta to the pan. Cook for a few minutes until all ingredients have been well tossed together and cream mixture has thickened. Remove from heat and toss in cilantro at the last possible moment. Plate…and enjoy!


Enjoy the pics below,
-DTW

Gotta love chicken, right?
















Pan fried - there's nothing better!


















Mixing the chicken, pasta, and sauce.

















One of the plating pictures















All you need to make a great meal...maybe more tequila!











By the way, I'm submitting this recipe for Presto Pasta Nights. You can link to the Equal Opportunity Kitchen Blog - here

40 comments:

glamah16 said...

Yummm. Quick , easy , and delish.

Anonymous said...

Darius! Everyday Cooking completely WEARS ME OUT! I normally visit late at night, and these dishes are about as far from me as Paris, France. Did I ever tell you that my kitchen is under construction and that I cannot cook - but this will be one of the first dishes I make. And the Shrimp and Grits? You'd think a southern boy would know how to work this out in the kitchen - but I won't rest until YOU personally come to my house to make that FOR ME! I love Love LOVE this site!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

That's a wonderful pasta dish! Quickly prepared and scrumptious!

Cheers,

Rosa

OhioMom said...

Awesome dish!

The CDM said...

Tequila as a deglazer, nice. I use Tequila as a marinade with my chicken just before grilling. It's cool to find more uses for the stuff

Anonymous said...

this looks like an awesome dish! i'm always up for trying a new pasta dish. :)

joe@italyville.com said...

Can you eat it at 10am? Looks great.

Maria said...

I love lime everything!! This meal looks tasty!

PG said...

Hey Darius. Not sure why I'm not receiving your submission. But I see it now and I will make note of it.

This looks delicious. I made a tequilla lime shrimp dish before, but I'll have to try a chicken variation. Nice plates too!

Thanks for participating in this week's Presto Pasta Nights!

Janine said...

This looks so easy and good. I love lime.

-cheapcookinmama.blogspot.com

Maria Verivaki said...

this looks good and sounds delicious

Keisha "Kitten" Isaacs said...

Leftovers Please!!!

giz said...

D - anything with Ta-Kill-Ya in it has just well...gotta be good. You serve, I eat - life is good :)

laughingwolf said...

i love chicken, right or wrong! [cooked, that is!]

thank you, darius!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Yummy -- I love the flavors of this dish! Thanks!

Cate said...

Sounds like a perfect meal for weeknights.

NKP said...

I love pasta - and with tequila, lemon and cream? Wonderful!

Anonymous said...

wow.... a man that knows how to cook. Ummm, whats more delicious than that!!

how are you?

Teresa said...

Yum! This one looks great!

Lori Lynn said...

Oh yea Darius, we are on the same page with booze + pasta! Yours looks mighty tasty! Did you do a shot of tequila while cooking? I have to admit I passed on the vodka but i did drink a glass of Pinot Gris. hehe

Lela said...

Yum! Oops... now the next post has caught my eye. I've always wondered what to do with grits... Thanks for the great recipes. And thanks for stopping by ATB. It's true we pay a lot for food, but supposedly on a percentage of income basis, still less than the rest of the world. We are lucky. Still, I want my own garden!

Chou said...

Sounds fabulous! (Plus it has cream, yum!)

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Yummy!
I love those shrimp and grits too!

Clumbsy Cookie said...

That is a delicious looking plate of food! Yummy!

Alicia Foodycat said...

I like vodka in a pasta sauce, so I think tequila would be even better! You do make some very fine looking pasta dishes Darius! (my husband wants to know what the T stands for).

Anonymous said...

You must be Northern Italian with the cream ;) haha
Looks good Darius!

La Bella Cooks said...

While I have had the tequila lime chicken, I think this is a better version. Who could resist this? Another delicious dish, Darius!

Gloria Baker said...

Dear Darious, I think wou were si inpired with this foos, look absolutely Yummy!!!!Gloria

Jameil said...

chile yessssss!!!! mm mm!!!

Anonymous said...

you make pasta look so good. i stopped eating it regularly after i got sick a few years back while having lunch with my dad.. i get scurrred every now and then... :)

Jenny said...

Looks fantastic! Great blog here.

Erin said...

I love presto pasta... I get so many good ideas! I could eat pasta just about every night and be quite happy... and kind of overweight, too ;)

Finla said...

I have no idea what bidwhist is, oh sorry i am not from chicago :-)
love the chicken wings and the muffin has come out so perfect,actually i like the fully array of dishes you have prepared, lucky your friends.
Thankyou for visiting my place

Anonymous said...

Jose Cuervo has a nice bite to it. Would you ever consider using a different tequila?
Maybe a citrus based tequila?
Or you could try the latest club favorite...Patron. lol

Anonymous said...

Jose Cuervo has a nice bite to it. Would you ever consider using a different tequila?
Maybe a citrus based tequila?
Or you could try the latest club favorite...Patron. lol

Jeanne said...

... and that's another recipe bookmarked! I love quick and tasty weeknight dishes like this, and who can say no to a recipe with a 1/4 cup tequila?!

test it comm said...

Tequila and lime used in a pasta sounds good.

Wandering Coyote said...

I've bookmarked this recipe because it is so tantalizing. I love chicken paired with lime. Thanks! Again, those cool plates!

kellypea said...

Another winner -- haven't thought of making this with pasta. GREAT idea. So quick and easy. I agree that pan frying chicken (in a cast iron skillet -- uh-huh) is the way to go. YUM.

Anonymous said...

After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your everydaycookin.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...

Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.

Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
day!!

And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.

But how does it work??

You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
you're done!!

Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com