Here’s a dish that takes no time to make. It’s perfect for a week night…or any night. It’s my rendition of a Tequila Lime Chicken and Fetticucuni. Trust me, it will make you want to come back for more. It’s also super simple and easy to make. You could probably do this with your eyes closed, but no worries, I’ll walk you through it.
Tequila Lime Chicken Fetticcuni
- 2 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 1/4 table spoon of each (salt, pepper, cumin, dried oregano, and red pepper flakes)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 pound of fetticcuni (dried or fresh)
- 1/4 cup of tequila
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of chopped clinatro
- 1/2 a medium onion, sliced
- 1 serrano chili pepper - seeded and minced
- the zest and juice of a lemon
- 1/4 cup of cream
Cook and drain the pasta. Allow it to cool and set it to the side. LIberally season the chicken breasts with the salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, and red pepper flake mixture. Heat oil in a heavy bottom skillet. Sear and brown chicken breasts on both sides until cooked through. Remove the chicken breasts from the pan and add sliced onions and garlic and cook until translucent. Add garlic, serrano, lemon juice and zest and cook for one minute more. Deglaze pan by adding tequila being sure to scrape the bottom of the pan. Add cream, chicken, and pasta to the pan. Cook for a few minutes until all ingredients have been well tossed together and cream mixture has thickened. Remove from heat and toss in cilantro at the last possible moment. Plate…and enjoy!
Enjoy the pics below,
All you need to make a great meal...maybe more tequila!