Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Last of the Pork!


Okay - so I know no one has really said anything - but I'm sure it's the case. I know that I can well, run an ingredient into the ground. Well, that's because although it's only me, I shop like I'm a family of 7. When something goes on sale - I buy it - and a lot of it. I have like 8 chickens in my freezer. When a whole chicken is 2 dollars - well, you buy it...all. That's the case with these pork chops. I think I was able to get a pack of 24 pork chops for like 6 bucks. So, when that happens you're gonna see a lot of pork recipes. That's how shrimp was over the summer. I was making shrimp everything - lol.

So, you'll also be happy to know that this is the last of the risotto too. The risotto wasn't on sale, but you tell me - what doesn't risotto go with? You can flavor it a gazillion different ways and it goes with basically everything. What did I create? Something I call Pork Escalopes over Pea Risotto with a Quick Pan Sauce.

What's the recipe? Um, there is none. But here are some steps.

1. Season the pork chops with whatever you have on hand - I think I used salt, pepper, and garlic powder. I pan fried them.

2. When they were done I poured off the oil and left the little bits on the bottom of the pan. I added a teaspoon or so flour and cooked it for a minute or so. I whisked in about a cup or so of chicken stock and seasoned this sauce with salt and pepper.

3. The risotto was made with chicken stock, parmesan cheese, and butter. I tossed in a handful or so fo frozen peas and plated the whole thing up.

It's nothing too fancy, but it sure as heck tasted good. Not only that, but it was easy to make and definitely soul satisfying!

Enjoy the pics,
-DTW


Plating the pea risotto. There are the triangle plates again!


















A cup of risotto!


















Seasoning the pork...gotta show it some love!


















Finishing the risotto.


















Draining the porkchops. These would have been good right here!


















Adding the flour to the pan for the sauce!

32 comments:

Anonymous said...

It must've been pork chop day! I made pork chops, red beans & rice and cornbread. Yummy!

And the quick pan gravy is the best! I used that method when I make cubed steak.

Sexxy Luv said...

the risotto looks yummy! :)

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Another delicious meal! A great combo!

Cheers,

Rosa

Paula said...

I just found your blog via Maria's Organically Cooked, and spent some time going through your recipes! What a GREAT blog you have! I love your pork posts; it's not possible to have too many pork recipes! :-) Your crispy chicken in the prior post in wonderful, as is that rosemary potato hash! YUM!

Finla said...

You do cook lot , don't you.
Love the rissoto

houstonmacbro said...

Oh man ... you're right. I think the chops would have been right, right out of the pan, but smothered anything is awesome too.

:-)

glamah16 said...

Tell me abput it. I bought a big leg of pork at a butcher last week, and it still has tonsa of meat. Time for a soup or something.

Alicia Foodycat said...

I'd be happy just with that lovely risotto! But pork chops as well? Yum!

Anonymous said...

ummm, looks ok but Im still panting on the 5 spice chicken...

La Bella Cooks said...

Those pork chops look like they are bursting with flavor with that gorgeous brown color! Risotto is a great complimentary side as well with this...it looks perfect, Darius!

Peter M said...

Darius ,it's a bonus visiting here because I learn some new dishes and a lil' geometry! lol

Anonymous said...

Love the pork chops and risotto! Don't give up on 'em yet! They are a perfect fall food.

Susan from Food Blogga said...

I've been on such a risotto kick lately, and now you're making me want it again!

Nikki @ NikSnacks said...

The chop looks good. Really good.

Erin said...

I think pork and risotto go perfectly together. I'm not a huge pork chop fan (I'm too picky with meat!), but I love pork tenderloin. The peas look like a tasty addition to the rice.

Prudy said...

Yumma yumma!

tavolini said...

mmmmmm risotto--looks excellent!

I very rarely make risotto--I love to eat other peoples, but mine just never tastes quite right.

Nicole said...

Lovin' the risotto. And the chops look great too.

RunningMom said...

I made the sweet potato risotto the other day, it was yummy.

I have those same measuring cups.

Oh, and peas are disgusting - eew. But the pork chops look good.
Now you and I both know that just about anything fried in a cast iron pan is going to be good, but a girl has to watch her figure and her cholesterol...can we get a baked recipe? Somethin'?

lol - thanks!

Unknown said...

love the pork recipe and 24 pork chops for 6 wow!

test it comm said...

A simple and tasty way to enjoy some pork!

Anonymous said...

Ha! You and I must be long lost sisters - I have 5 whole chickens in my deep freeze right now when they were .59 cents a pound!

I think my family got sick of beer can chicken after the third time around!

Dee said...

D, this is too much... groan. Have pity on my waist!

How large is your freezer anyway? I wish I had the space for a stand-alone freezer :(

Gloria Baker said...

Dariusm I really think you cook fantastic, this look so yummy!!!xGLoria

Miss Snarky Pants said...

::singin::

"You got me feenin'"....

LOL

Jennifer said...

You go! I also cook for a army, I think it is ingrained from my parents, children of the Depression!

michael, claudia and sierra said...

pork chops here tonight too
they're everywhere these days
noble pig
evil chef mom
everyday cooking

3 blogs in a row!

risotto looks really beautiful

anudivya said...

The linguine looks really good. Am a vegetarian, so gonna skip the comments on the pork though :)
Lovely blog... wandered from another one. Great job!

anudivya said...

The linguine looks really good. Am a vegetarian, so gonna skip the comments on the pork though :)
Lovely blog... wandered from another one. Great job!

Anonymous said...

Good looking texture on your risotto!

Daziano said...

Your risotto reminds me the ones they make around Verona in Italy!!

Anonymous said...

I don't think there is such a thing as too many pork meals. Keep em coming!

Hee hee, is the T in Darius T. Williams for triangle ;)